Wednesday, May 10, 2017

We all make mistakes - It's how we handle it that sets us apart!


I recently closed a new Trendmaker Home in the Bender's Landing Subdivision.  During the transaction, an event occurred that could have been "transaction stopping"!  However, the way it was handled by the Trendmaker Homes sales associate prompted me to write a letter to the President (posted below - names withdrawn).  This is truly Customer Service at its finest - and as always, I love nothing more than to share "Awesome Customer Service" experiences! 
 

Dear Trendmaker Homes President:

Just wanted to take a few minutes to congratulate you on hiring employees with professional character and integrity.  I especially want to recognize your sales associate in Bender’s Landing Estates.

Your sales associate displayed an exceptional level of integrity, recently.  I had a buyer interested in one of your inventory homes in Bender’s Landing.  Your sales associate walked us through the home and while we were walking through the buyers asked if the master and downstairs baths would have glass enclosures.  Your sales associate said they both would; the builder must have had a delay with installation.  My buyers were happy with the home and went under contract.

A couple weeks later, during the builder walk orientation, we noticed the showers still did not have enclosures.  The builder informed me and my buyers that this particular plan did not come with glass enclosures.  Naturally, my buyers immediately became upset.

I walked over to the model while the buyers were still walking the house with the builder and informed your sales associate of the situation.  Without hesitation, your sales associate acknowledged that she recalled telling the buyers the showers would have enclosures and immediately went to work with your corporate office.  Within the hour, while we were still walking the house with the builder, your sales associate sent me a message and informed me that glass enclosures would be installed – admitting her mistake and wanting to make it right!

Your sales associate could have easily said she did not remember telling my buyers that – or, simply I’m sorry I was wrong, this plan doesn’t come with enclosures – or any other excuse.  Instead, your sales associate owned up to her verbal statement and made it right!  We closed March 22, 2017.

I have been a broker for over 20 years and have sold hundreds of homes, and worked with many builders and their sales associates.  I can tell you that your sales associate's actions were above and beyond what I have become accustomed to in the industry.

My hat goes off to you and your management team – and especially to your sales associate in Bender's Landing.
 
Sincerely,
Julius F. Zatopek, III

No comments:

Post a Comment